I-95 (Section 100) Express Toll Lanes I-95/I-695 Interchange Contract 2 Baltimore County, MD
Maryland Transportation Authority
Cherry Hill Contract Value
This project, located in Baltimore County consists of construction new managed roadways and stub-outs for future ramps within a three level interchange. These improvements are generally located within the median of the I-95 general purpose roadways recently completed in a separate contract. The project extends along I-95 from north of the Hazelwood Avenue overpass to south of the King Avenue overpass
Major Items of Work Included:
- MOT to allow continuous traffic on I-95 (ADT of over 178,000) during construction of new managed roadways in the median as well as grinding, striping, and new pavement markings along the general purpose lanes.
- Over 200,000 CY of excavation
- Over 23,000 LF of driven steel H-pile and over 4,400 LF of augered piling for bridge foundations
- 9,350 LF of various diameters (15” to 42”) storm drain and structures and over 19,800 LF of underdrain.
- Constructed two new stormwater management facilities and one temporary sediment basin.
- Resurfaced I-95 NB and SB and constructed new ETL required over 84,000 TNs of asphalt superpave.
- 43,261 TNs of 6” graded aggregate base and 45,477 SY of cement stabilized soils.
- Installed approx. 27,260 LF of new 34” and 42” F shape concrete traffic barrier.
- Installed, maintained, and removed all erosion and sediment control devices during multiple phases including converting temporary basins to permanent SWM facilities.
- Landscaping, signing, pavement
- Formally Partnered by CHC, General Engineering Consultants (GEC), and MDTA.